Green Island Information
Tropical and enchanting Green Island is a unique part of the Great Barrier Reef, from its boardwalks that lead you through the lush island rainforest of the National Park to the sophistication of Green Island Resort where visitors can browse the shops or make use of the facilities including fresh water showers, change rooms, restrooms and lockers.
Visitors can explore the island at their leisure or just relax on the beautiful white sandy beaches.
Green Island also offers a range of fun activities including Beach Hire and Marineland Melanesia.
- Visit a tropical island paradise AND experience the Great Barrier Reef
- Choose a full day or half day Great Barrier Reef cruise
- Cruise in comfort aboard our modern air-conditioned catamarans “Big Cat” and “Reef Rocket”
- Our Semi-Submarine lets you explore the underwater world in air-conditioned comfort with a lively fish feeding display and commentary
- Glass Bottom Boat coral viewing tours with fish feeding and commentary. A favorite for reef tour enthusiasts
- Snorkel and swim in the clear cool island waters, either at your leisure from the sheltered, sandy beach or on a boat snorkel trip
- Introductory diving and certified diving available
- Seawalker helmet diving on the edge of Green Island Reef
- Helpful snorkelling tips and instructions
- Delicious buffet lunch freshly prepared and served on board (full day only)
- Licensed bar on both of our vessels
- Sheltered beach with plenty of shady retreats
- Explore the island, walk the beach and rainforest boardwalks
- Spend time browsing the resort shops for gifts and souvenirs
- Hire a canoe, stand up paddle board or a beach lounge and umbrella
- Visit Marineland Melanesia’s Nautical Museum and see the live crocodiles.