Cairns Reef and Rainforest Holiday Package – Green Island, Kuranda Rail, Skyrail, Aboriginal Culture & Rainforest Tour
One our most popular Cairns Tour Packages. The Cairns reef and rainforest holiday package is a 2 day tour experiencing Green Island on the Great Barrier Reef and Kuranda village in the rainforest via Kuranda Scenic Railway, Skyrail Rainforest Cableway plus experience an aboriginal culture and rainforest tour.
Day 1 – Green Island – Great Barrier Reef
A full day reef cruise departing Cairns at 9.00am allows 5 hours on Green Island and arrives back in Cairns at 5.00pm. “Big Cat” is a comfortable air-conditioned 35 metre catamaran with spacious interior cabins and a relaxed atmosphere. Travel time to Green Island is just over one hour from the Reef Fleet Terminal. Passengers can take part in the many activities available or simply relax on the beach.
Day 2 – Kuranda Village, Kuranda Rail, Skyrail Rainforest Cableway and Aboriginal Culture Experience
Travel to Kuranda is aboard the famous Kuranda Scenic Railway. Enjoy free time to explore Kuranda’s attractions and shops. Visit Rainforestation where you will experience an amphibious Army Duck tour of the rainforest, koala & wildlife park and the Pamagirri Aboriginal Dancers and Dreamtime Walk. Return to Cairns is on a Skyrail journey over and through Australia’s World Heritage listed Tropical Rainforest. Lunch is included on this day. (Order of Train & Skyrail may change) Coach transfers from your accommodation are included on Day 2, Day 1 is optional, see prices below.
|Packages / Prices valid until 31st March 2018||Adult||Child||Family|
|Green Island 9am and 2nd Day Kuranda||$374.00||$187.50||$935.50|
|Green Island 11am and 2nd Day Kuranda||$374.00||$187.50||$935.50|
Green Island Day
- Cruise to Green Island aboard “Big Cat” a modern catamaran
- 5 hours to enjoy Green Island
- Coral viewing tour in a semi-submarine
- Buffet lunch served on board in air-conditioned comfort
- FREE choice of snorkelling gear or a glass bottom boat tour ($16 extra to do both)
- Snorkelling demonstration & reef presentation en route to Green Island
- Use of Big Cat vessel during time at island as an air-conditioned base
- Fish feeding display
- Island rainforest boardwalks
- Kuranda Scenic Rail
- Army Duck
- Koala & Wildlife Park
- Dreamtime walk
- Pamagirri Experience
- Buffet Lunch
- Free time in Kuranda
- Rainforestation (Aboriginal, rainforest & wildlife tour)
What to Bring – Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, towel, shirt to swim in (slip, slop, slap) cash or credit card for snorkel deposit, cash for drinks and snacks. Film, sunscreen and souvenirs available for sale on board.
- 9am to 5pm – Green Island Day
- 8.30am to 5.30pm – Kuranda Day
Cairns City transfers are Included on Day 2 (Kuranda) from all accommodation houses in Cairns. Northern Beaches pick ups attract an extra $30.00 per adult / $15.00 per child. (Pick ups not available from Holloways Beach, Machan’s Beach,Yorkey’s Knob,Crystal Cascades, Lake Placid and Redlynch). Day 1 (Green Island) is an optional extra ($18 adult, $9 child for City & $22 adult, $11 child for Northern Beaches).
- Floatation Vests
- Lycra Suits
- Introductory Dive (subject to a medical questionnaire)
- One Certified Dive (subject to a medical questionnaire)
- Seawalker Helmet Diving (subject to a medical questionnaire)
- Boat Snorkel Trips (subject to a medical questionnaire)
- Marineland Melanesia
- Helicopter Scenic Flights (subject to availability on the day)
- Offset your Carbon Footprint – $2 per person
The Cairns reef and rainforest holiday package books Green Island as the first day and Kuranda next day, if you would prefer this the other way around or a day/s in between, please make a note in the comments (Passengers requiring pick up at the Northern Beaches must do Green Island on first day.). The coach pick up time for your Kuranda tour will be given at checkin for the Green Island day.