Great Barrier Reef Cruises & Island Tours operated by Big Cat Green Island Reef Cruises
Operating Great Barrier Reef Cruises to the Great Barrier Reef for over 30 years, Big Cat Green Island Reef Cruises is owned by experienced cruise operators, the Wallace family. Since 1979 when they launched the renowned Quicksilver cruises from Port Douglas the Wallace’s have been perfecting the art of day touring on the Great Barrier Reef. In 1990 the Wallace family purchased Big Cat Green Island Reef Cruises and for 25 years have applied their winning formula of friendly and helpful service. In 2008, The Wallace family’s winning formula of friendly and helpful service earned Big Cat Green Island Reef Cruises an induction into the Tropical North Queensland Tourism Awards Hall of Fame after winning the Best Major Tour and Transport Operator in 2004, 2006 and 2007.
Big Cat Green Island Reef Cruises is highly environmentally-conscious and is certified at “Advanced Ecotourism” level. Big Cat completed a comprehensive greenhouse gas emissions audit as part of the Australian Government’s Green house Challenge Plus programme and the Tourism Tropical North Queensland Planet Safe partnership programme.
Big Cat Green Island Reef Cruises specialises in discovering the Great Barrier Reef. Visitors are encouraged to view the wonderful underwater world of marine life and corals by participating in snorkelling, glass bottom boat or semi-submarine tours. Big Cat also provides many optional tours on board, including certified and introductory diving, Seawalker helmet diving and boat snorkel trips to the outer edge of Green Island Reef.
Big Cat Green Island Reef Cruises operates full and half day cruises year round from the Reef Fleet Terminal in Cairns making it one of the more popular Great Barrier Reef cruises.
- Big Cat Green Island Reef Cruises are conducted by J & J Wallace (Projects) Pty Ltd
- A.C.N. 010 731 567 ABN 31 010 731 567.
- Combo Day Tours are conducted in conjunction with and as agent for the other operators in the packages.
- Certified, Introductory Diving & Boat Snorkel Trips are conducted by GA Diving and Big Cat Green Island Reef Cruises acts as a booking agent only.
- Helmet Dives are conducted by Seawalker and Big Cat Green Island Reef Cruises acts as a booking agent only.
- All trips are subject to weather conditions.
- All prices and times may change without notice.
- Terms and conditions of carriage apply under which Big Cat Green Island Reef Cruise’s liability is limited.
We pride ourselves on our fantastic team of people that make our business the success it is. With a staff of approximately 65 people, we are proud to have 14 staff members that have been at Big Cat for more than 10 years, with 4 people that have seen more than 20 years in the company.